Sidewalks Entertainment - David J Fielding
- Sidewalks Entertainment - David J Fielding
- Today, 9:00 AM
Silicon Valley Startup: Startup and office Spaces
- Silicon Valley Startup: Startup and office Spaces
- Today, 9:30 AM
- Silicon Valley Successes Watch this before signing a commercial lease.
Carlos and Mary are top Commercial real estate agents in Silicon Valley who work with companies at all stages to find them the perfect office space. We talk about the leases that startup enters and what they should know when looking for a space such as; where their employees live, transportation, proximity to companies they can recruit from... We talk about working with landlords and items they might be flexible on, what tenant improvements are and how they affect a lease, finding out what office space might be more appropriate depending on the needs of the company and the product or research they do and more.
On The Inside: Tammy Lawing, Florist
- On The Inside: Tammy Lawing, Florist
- Today, 10:00 AM
- On this edition of ''On The Inside,'' host Brie McLemore sits down with Tammy Lawing of Lawrence Florist to discuss both the business and artistry of operating a florist shop before learning how to properly arrange a bouquet in the second segment.
''On The Inside'' features rotating hosts who catch up with professionals in a variety of interesting careers to discuss the ins and outs of the job
A Taste of Theater Evie Wells
- A Taste of Theater Evie Wells
- Today, 10:30 AM
The Jet Set: Chicago
- The Jet Set: Chicago
- Today, 11:00 AM
- Nikki travels to San Jose, California to visit Airfield Supply and we chat with Rich Regan and Lynn Osmond about why Chicago is ranked #1 on a list of the best largest cities in the US for 3 years in a row.
The Typewriter Writers
- The Typewriter Writers
- Today, 11:22 AM
- Gutenberg’s printing press brought books to the masses. The typewriter put a revolutionary writing tool in the hands of masses of authors, enriching the lives of readers and changing the world.
Who were the great writers that used that now long-gone technology to craft their work?
The Typewriter Writers answers that question with sounds no longer heard in the world of writing and publishing.
Scuba Jack: Meet Paco
- Scuba Jack: Meet Paco
- Today, 11:25 AM
- Scuba Jack One day, a nasty hurricane roared up the East Coast, bringing with it a very tired,
very wet pelican. One minute he was happily feasting on fanciful fish in Puerto
Rico, and the next he was lying on a beach in Gloucester.
The poor little guy was found soaked and confused by Professor Galaxy, who was
wandering the beach with his metal detector in hopes of finding some washed up
Dr Draw: Chicken Show
- Dr Draw: Chicken Show
- Today, 11:30 AM
- The chicken show
NATIVE STRENGTH PILOT
- NATIVE STRENGTH PILOT
- Today, 12:00 PM
- Native strength Kachinas and petroglyphs tell of many interactions and gifts from the Star People. Native Strength is a collection of these gifts. Host and Cherokee Blessed Woman Hyapatia Lee narrates traditional medicine stories to introduce us to our inner wise elders, children, adults, and fear feeders. Tribal elders from across Turtle Island (North America) have preserved this sacred wisdom and kept it underground for centuries. Now it’s time for this information to be shared with the world.
Historical Sketches 066 France 1815-1848
- Historical Sketches 066 France 1815-1848
- Today, 12:30 PM
- France after Napoleon - 1815-1848
It is not generally known or remembered that, after Napoleon I's demise at Waterloo, in the next 30 years or so, there were three kings, three revolutions, one republic and one empire. This episode deals with the dynamics that rendered all this possible and perhaps inevitable.
Future Talk - Breakthrough Starshot
- Future Talk - Breakthrough Starshot
- Today, 1:00 PM
- Future talk In this episode we examine a radical new propulsion technology which, if successful, could enable spacecraft to travel more than 1000 times faster than they do today. The project is called Breakthrough Starshot, and the technology consists of taking a highly miniaturized space probe, attaching it to a large but very lightweight sail, and aiming an extremely powerful Earth-based laser beam at it, causing it to accelerate to 20 percent of the speed of light in a matter of minutes. The goal is to launch a probe to Alpha Centauri, the next nearest star, and have the trip take a mere 20 years instead of the 30,000 years it would take with current means of propulsion. But the ultimate goal is to find out if there are other intelligent species out there that we might be able to communicate with. The guest is Pete Worden, executive director of Breakthrough Initiatives, an umbrella group that includes Breakthrough Starshot, as well as Breakthrough Listen (an attempt to detect electronic signals coming from other civilizations in deep space) and the Breakthrough Prizes, awarded for progress in key scientific fields. Pete was previously director of NASA’s Ames Research Center, which is one of the world’s top space research facilities. He’s a retired Brigadier General in the US Air Force, has a PhD in Astronomy, and has long been recognized as one of the world’s leading space experts. Breakthrough Starshot is funded through the "proof of concept" stage by a $100 million grant from Russian philanthropist Yuri Milner. Other notable people actively involved in the project include physicist Stephen Hawking, Sergey Brin of Google, and Mark Zuckerberg of Facebook.
Fast Forward: Paolo Bacigalupi
- Fast Forward: Paolo Bacigalupi
- Today, 1:30 PM
- Contemporary Science Fiction features an interview with author Paolo Bacigalupi, who talks about his award winning adult and young adult novels. He discusses his penchant for using science fiction to examine issues of corporate, governmental and individual morality. The interview was recorded on October 10, 2014, before a live audience at Capclave 2014, a regional science fiction convention.
Also in this episode:
Colleen Cahill reviews Perfectly Invisible, the first book in Michael A. Stackpole's Homeland Security Services series.
Marianne Petrino gives 4 chans to the anime series Kamisama Kiss.
Fairy Tale Access: Andy Peloquin
- Fairy Tale Access: Andy Peloquin
- Today, 2:00 PM
- 2017 RONE Award-Winning #Author of Hero of Darkness series. A True Grim Fairy Tale filled with seamless suspense and hope. It's an epic saga of good vs evil; the assassin vs the serial killer & the fine lines that define humanity and monsters. You won't put this down until the very last page and luckily this Author loves to write so you can keep moving on to the next saga.
Keep Asking Questions
Eat Well Better Health: Thai scallops, Greek roasted eggplant salad, flourless nut cookies
- Eat Well Better Health: Thai scallops, Greek roasted eggplant salad, flourless nut cookies
- Today, 2:30 PM
- Aya joins Debra for Thai scallops, Greek roasted eggplant salad, flourless nut cookies.
Cooking with kids Gnocchi
- Cooking with kids Gnocchi
- Today, 3:00 PM
- Building stronger communities starts by opening our homes to our friends and neighbors. In this episode we are visiting local chef and volunteer, Jami Fencel, who will share more about her life as a volunteer and teach us tradition Italian way of making Gnocchi.
Programming 4 Kids Show 09
- Programming 4 Kids Show 09
- Today, 3:30 PM
- This is the 9th of 27 TV show episodes to teach kids (about 5th grade and up) programming using Scratch 2.
1) introduces String Expressions,
2) displays the range of color shades, and
3) shows a way to use transparent color.
String expressions are introduced. Strings values are "X", "Yes" and "Cat". They are a fundamental data type since a lot of data is text strings. Also, the "join", "length" and "letter" operators are introduced.
The first challenge also introduces "Off by One" errors - an error situation that is common to all programming - not only in Scratch.
The second challenge draws large dots on the stage showing Scratch's range of colors and shades.
The final challenge shows an example of the transparent color that makes sprite costume areas colorless so they are see-through.
Bongo Boy TV Ep1 Season 9
- Bongo Boy TV Ep1 Season 9
- Today, 4:00 PM
- Bongo Boy TV Episode 1 Season 9
February 2020 New Beginnings
The Great Dictators - By The Throat - https://youtu.be/8Jp0cLFZJsI
Record Label: Celebration Records
Music Director: Auto Slug Lizard Gag
Lovers & Poets - Sugar High - https://youtu.be/A6MTaOk6_Dg
Record Label: Suresounds Records
Music Director: Matt Dinan
Los Angeles, California, USA
Jane N The Jungle - Beach On Fire - https://youtu.be/MQlhWb89DC0
Record Label: Angel Rock LLC
Music Director: Jordan White
Phoenix, Arizona, USA
Calvin Cofield & Kimberly Ric-Cofield - I’m Straight - https://youtu.be/UIznij31PAg
Record Label: Calvin’s World Productions and Praise His Name Productions
Music Director: Ray Knowledge
Detroit, Michigan, USA
Eddie Grand - Slay - https://youtu.be/T69hWHXUv5g
Record Label: Fresh Fuzion
Music Director: Ryan Metcalf
New Jersey, USA
Debbie White – Let Me Tell You A Story
Record Label: Bongo Boy Records
Music Director: Monique Grimme
Nashville, Tennessee, USA
STUDEO – Even If It Rains Tomorrow - https://youtu.be/kKLc1cMRWcg
Record Label: Bongo Boy Records
Music Director: Werdi Media
Kid Pullen - Shine From My Casket - https://youtu.be/l5MW2foY88U
Record Label: Kid Pullen Music
Music Director: 97PK
Detroit, Michigan, USA
Butterfly Town USA
- Butterfly Town USA
- Today, 4:30 PM
- Butterfly Town USA - Newly released film documents the work of citizens working to preserve a Monarch Butterfly sanctuary.
An OSCAR-nominated, EMMY-winning team kicks off 2020 by releasing a film that documents efforts to protect a threatened Monarch Butterfly Sanctuary. This film had been broadcast exclusively on Public Television stations nationwide for two years. The team just received word of expanded broadcast rights to include Cable Access, PEG Media stations and personal use.
Insects, including Monarch butterflies, are in strategic decline worldwide. Pesticides, habitat loss, fires and severe drought all contribute to this situation. The film Butterfly Town USA documents how citizens in one community, Pacific Grove, California are working together to protect their Monarch Butterfly Sanctuary. Internal disagreements with the City about habitat restoration block their progress at a time when climate change leads to the loss of insects globally. Butterfly research groups report that the population of coastal California Monarchs has dropped significantly over the years.
In the film, we meet determined activists working together to protect the Monarchs. When the City heavily prunes trees in the Pacific Grove sanctuary, citizens organize to plant trees to fill in the gaps in the protective canopy. We watch as one citizen boldly steps forward to lead efforts in rehabilitating the Grove. His efforts lead to a clash with local government about how to best protect the Sanctuary. We see his courage inspire others as he continues, undaunted.
The well-known butterfly ecologist Lincoln Brower adds his perspective throughout the film, as the citizens of Pacific Grove show courage, compassion and determination with their commitment.
Do let us know if you plan to show the film. When a broadcast is scheduled on your station, we can help you publicize it.
Additional details and resources can be found and downloaded from the website butterflytownfilm.org
Meet The Author: Mulholland_Studio
- Meet The Author: Mulholland_Studio
- Today, 5:00 PM
- In 2013, Loki Mulholland produced An Ordinary Hero, a documentary about his mother’s life as a civil rights activist. Joan Trumpauer Mulholland’s story, told in that award-winning film, is now a nonfiction book for children, She Stood for Freedom: The Untold Story of A Civil Rights Hero.
Published simultaneously in picture book and middle grade editions, the book tells of Joan’s courage and convictions during the 1960s Civil Rights Movement. Primary source documents and photos accompany the text.
Award-winning author and documentarian Loki Mulholland joins the conversation by Skype. He discusses the significance of his mother’s role in the Civil Rights Movement, the use of primary sources, and his collaborative work with his illustrator. In a pre-taped segment, Mrs. Mulholland, a 1959 graduate of Annandale High School, pays a visit to AHS and discusses how life has changed
- Watch Now
Missouri Contemporary Ballet: 2018 Intersections
- Missouri Contemporary Ballet: 2018 Intersections
- Today, 5:45 PM
- Missouri Contemporary Ballet
MCB pushes forward with four world premieres and two repeat performances in this November 2018 event.
CCCC Men's Cougar Basketball v. Louisburg 7pm Sanford gym
- CCCC Men's Cougar Basketball v. Louisburg 7pm Sanford gym
- New Episode
- Today, 7:00 PM
- Watch Now